infinispace

The Complete Fiction
H.P. Lovecraft, S.T. Joshi
Anathem
Neal Stephenson

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Series #3)

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Series #3) - Suzanne  Collins I knocked out the trilogy at the behest of my wife. It took me a bit of time, but I found it overall enjoyable. Not the amazing experience that many seem to have when reading it though. The hormonally driven inner dialogue of Katniss just isn't my cup of tea I guess. When the story was progressing forward (instead of listening to her weep and moan about things) is when I enjoyed the books.I enjoyed The Hunger Games the most. Fact moving, lots of conflict (physical and character), fun read.Catching Fire was a little bit of a let down purely because Collins used the same hook (tossing kids in to the game) that she used in the first book. I thought that was a bit lazy.Mockingjay was also a bit disappointing in that the death of the president was a HUGE missed opportunity for Katniss' development as a character, and having Katniss agree that children of the capital be thrown in to new tribute games went against everything we were led to believe about her. I did not buy that scene at all!! So overall I found the ending of the trilogy a bit of a let down and a characterization cop out.My 2 cents.